Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Interesting Evening with Brinjals



Another Sunday, I was tired after a long Saturday night out and as usual I had to clean and wash in the absence of a maid. I was busy with my work when it struck me that I was lucky that I had to do it only once in a while and not on a daily basis. My husband was at his best so he volunteered to cook for me. Sometimes I consider it as a risk but that day I had no other go than to succumb to the offer.
With all smiles he opened my fridge and found for himself the last of my brinjals. The smile was slowly turning into a halo as it was his favorite vegetable. So this is how he made it for me - After cleaning the brinjals, he cut them into four but did not remove them. Then he wiped the brinjals on all sides with some oil. Then he mixed some chilli powder and salt and wiped them all over the brinjals and also stuffed some of them inside. He then lit the kadhai and cooked the brinjals in it. He waited for the outside skin to dishievle after which he separated the pieces and turned sides and allowed the inside flesh to cook.
Though the whole process seemed to me as a big experiment in a chemistry lab, I must admit that the final result was great.

No comments: