Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Subzi ki pulav


Like I mentioned earlier I love making mixed rices. One main advantage I find in it is the fact that the dish can contain all the possible vegetables and also include rice to make it a one wholesome dish meal. I just make a raita as the accopaniment for such rices. My inspiration for this was a TV show which came up when I was flicking channels. The colour and the look of the vegetables where amazing so here it is for you.
Ingredients
Rice Basmatic - 1 cup
Potato - 1 cut into 1" pieces
Beans - 10 cut into 1" pieces
Peas - 1 cup boiled
Carrots - 2 medium cut into 1" pieces
Onion - 1 medium ground into a paste
Garlic - 3 pods - ground into a paste with the onions
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Green chilles - 4 slit lengthwise
Kasuri Methi leaves - 2 tblspn
Salt to taste
Method
Heat ghee in a kadhai. Add the onion and garlic mix and fry for a minute. Add the kasuri methi and continue frying. Then add all the vegetables and fry till cooked. Then add the rice with the necessary water with the green chillies and salt. Cover and cook till the rice is fully done.
I must say that though I was very apprehensive of trying it out, I was thrilled when it was cooking. The flavours that were released was amazing that it even pulled my hubby dear into the kitchen to find out what was being made. So check it out.

1 comment: