Sunday, July 20, 2008

Upma - Finally


Till date Upma and I share a very bad relationship. We never turn out well till date. I always used to be surprised at the Upma's dished out by so many people. Even a beginner used to dish it out properly but mine was always a nice soggy paste. What do I do when hubby dear loves upma? This sad nexus has continued for the last 4 1/2 years.
Then yesterday night when I was blog hopping I happened to visit Aparna's "My diverse Kitchen" where she had shared with all, her "Lump-free Upma", inspired by the photograph I tried it out today morning. I had understood the fact that the water I added was the reason for my upma to become a soggy paste. So today I stuck on to Aparna's tip on adding water and Voila! I also dished out something great.
Check out the photograph. Like hubby dear commented "Finally your upma has come of age".

2 comments:

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I'm happy the recipe worked out for you too.
Your uppuma looks good, just the way I like it.:)
Here's to more lump-proof uppuma.

EC said...

Great...hope u enjoyed it to the full