Thursday, January 15, 2009

Puttu


As I was making this yesterday I smiled to myself that though I am not from Kerala I seemed to have a soft corner for their cuisine. This is another breakfast brunch that we like to indulge on a Sunday morning. A little dry of course if the accompaniment is not a gravy dish. But my early memories of eating this dish is with ghee and sugar I do not remember why but till date I do like to sprinkle some sugar over my puttu. My husband likes it with his “Puli pachadi” or “Vathal Kuzhambu”. My version is absolutely same as Aparna from “My Diverse Kitchen” except that I used the puttu powder readily available in the market.

This would be my third entry to MBP: Easy Breezy Breakfast

1 comment:

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I can see the puttu has turned really good and am glad you enjoyed it.

It's always nice to know when one's recipe works for others too. :)
Thanks.